Travel naturally inspires individuals to experience new cultures, food, adventures, and activities. Traveling with MS (multiple sclerosis), especially to exotic locations such as Costa Rica, adds an additional challenge that demands careful planning and flexibility.Read More
Author: HI Travel Tales
Dr. Whoo and Tony have been traveling together now for several years. And, as you can tell, they are not exactly similar in style or even appearance though they have become the best of friends. And that is because they have learned to work together, listen to each other, encourage each other, and communicate openly and honestly.Read More
JoJo knows from experience that travel is fatal to prejudice because travel gives life to new friendships that are never based on skin color, birthplace, language, religion, or sexual orientation — in other words, senseless fears of differences.Read More
Hiking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near the towns of Portola and Graeagle just north of Lake Tahoe, Mukluk encountered his very first snowfall and of course had only one thought — he had to make his first snow angel.Read More
Funny Chinese English translation fails are legendary, inspiring countless online spoofs, digital highlights, humor books and, yes, even plays. You don’t have to spend more than a few hours in China before funny Chinese instructions begin to leap out at you resulting in raised eyebrows, giggles, smiles, and even outbursts of laughter. But it is in hotels, where you start to read placards, instruction signs, and even service information guides that the level of ridiculous attempts at English take on an entirely new level.Read More
The eleven signs with funny Chinese English in this post are part of our second offering in a series of stories on funny Chinese-to-English translation fails. If you missed it, be sure to check out “Lost in Translation: Fire warnings become funny Chinese signs.” Now, without further ado, funny Chinese signs with extremely humorous translation fails focused on warning the public about something or other.Read More
Chinese English translation fails are legendary and the stuff that inspires countless online spoofs, digital highlights, published humor books and even plays. You don’t have to spend more than a few hours in China before funny Chinese signs and translations begin to leap out at you inspiring raised eyebrows, giggles and even outbursts of laughter. And while we were told by a local that there was an official Chinese government office in charge of vetting and approving English translations, it’s staff apparently needs to spend more time actually learning English rather than how to work Google translate.Read More
While English is one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world, if you really want to be comfortable traveling in a country where English is not the native tongue, it pays to know how to best communicate when traveling. Understanding and being comfortable with the many nuances of communication, no matter where you are in the world, is one of the key differences between being a traveler and a tourist, especially if you don’t speak the local language.Read More
There are plenty quiet and magical places sans crowds in Florida if you know where to look — places we like to refer to as Florida’s hidden gems. Rest assured that when Ponce de León first arrived in Florida in 1513 he wasn’t greeted by Walt Disney or Mickey Mouse. You too can get to Florida and not just find theme parks or senior citizens’ specials. The Sunshine State has hidden gems that whisk you way beyond the expected.Read More
Traveling stuffed animals are perfect travel partners and friends. They never complain and are always ready for the next adventure, the next photo opportunity, or a really good restaurant. They listen intently to your every word. They are a constant reminder that imagination and a sense of humor inspire smiles and connections with strangers around the world. They travel free and often serve as a trip mascot, no matter what trip you are on. And they are always ready to offer a hug.Read More
Ease your travel stress with our business trip packing tips. Traveling for business is challenging enough, even for frequent flyers. Trudging on and off planes, trains and automobiles while schlepping clothes and gear is hard. Mix in being forced to mingle with coworkers in hotels, restaurants and airport lounges – people you may hardly know outside of the office — and even the best of us can feel discombobulated. There are ways to fight the stress, however. It starts with packing light, as we detailed in our recent article, Packing light: smart load-trimming tips.Read More
OUR LATEST POSTS
Save On Hotels!
- Central America
- North America
- South America
- South Pacific | Oceana
- StioStio Men's Wilcox Fleece V-Neck - Sale Price: $64.50, Retail Price: $129.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 27, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostALPS Mountaineering 20?F Echo Lake Sleeping Bag - Synthetic, Mummy - Sale Price: $39.99, Retail Price: $79.99 (50% Off) Expires: April 27, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostSaucony Kinvara 7 Running Shoes (For Women) - Sale Price: $59.99, Retail Price: $110.00 (45% Off) Expires: April 27, 2017
- Eastern Mountain SportsEms Men's Techwick Vital Short-Sleeve Travel Tee - Size L - Sale Price: $15.00, Retail Price: $30.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 27, 2017
- PatagoniaBaby Micro D Snap-T Jacket - Now $29.00, Was $49.00 (Save $20.00) Expires: April 27, 2017
- StioStio's Spring Arrivals Are Here! Free Shipping On All Orders - Shop Men's Here!
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Ends 4/30/17, so hop to. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- KUHLThe KUHL AIRSPEED(TM) LS Shirt is a game changer! Click Here to find out why.
- KUHLShop Kuhl.com for the best selection of the DESTROYR Pant, plus FREE SHIPPING on all orders! Shop Now.