There were a great many unknowns leading into our 14-day Papua New Guinea adventure with Journeys International. Safety in Port Moresby was a concern as was hygiene, malaria, the quality of food and drink, and transport reliability. Although there were a few minor glitches, everything went to plan and it was easy to enjoy the friendly people in Papua New Guinea, a seldom-visited part of the world.Read More
Category: Journeys International
Travel naturally inspires individuals to experience new cultures, food, adventures, and activities. Traveling with MS (multiple sclerosis), especially to exotic locations such as Costa Rica, adds an additional challenge that demands careful planning and flexibility.Read More
Antarctica. That one word for many inspires dreams of fulfilling a traveler’s bucket list to visit Antarctica. Antarctica’s siren call has become the stuff of legend, pulling mariners and explorers toward her shores for decades. Add in an other-worldly landscape of mountains, sea and ice, killer whales, and herds of elephant seals, and there is little wonder so many of all ages jump at the chance, even with an other-worldly price tag to visit Antarctica ($7,000 to $15,000 for 13 days and up, and up to $35,000 for longer). And some find they are drawn back again and again.Read More
At only about 20,000 square miles, Costa Rica is a country that is packed with a vast variety of climates and landscapes, and the country remains a big ecotourism destination, as well as a goal for those seeking nothing but resort pampering or those seeking off-the-charts adventure. Beaches? Check. Volcanoes? Check. Biodiversity? Absolutely.Read More
If travel to Bolivia is not on your current dream destination list, it needs to be. The fifth-largest country in South America, it is land-locked and bordered by Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina and Paraguay. Two ranges of the Andes, as well as the Amazon basin, split Bolivia, creating a uniquely diverse mix of cultural, scenic and natural wonders. But it is the stark contrasts in climates and experiences – from legendary sunsets on the shores of Lake Titicaca to the modern and hip tropical vibe of Santa Cruz to the expansive salt flats near La Paz. Bolivia magically weaves heritage, architecture, culture and natural wonders into an experience that relatively few tourists experience even today.Read More
Colombia, the northernmost country in South America, borders on Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Peru and Ecuador, with coastlines on the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Today, travel to Colombia offers renewed possibilities for adventure and tourism fun that many countries do not. Its darker days of crime and drug lords are past, and the people want you to come to their country, offering a warm welcome with a growing tourist infrastructure. We had the chance to talk to first-time Journeys International travelers Judith and Clive Kamins about their February 2016 trip to Colombia. Although Journeys newbies, the retired seniors from Chicago have in fact “touched every continent except Antarctica, as our grandchildren remind us.”Read More
OUR LATEST POSTS
Save On Hotels!
- Central America
- North America
- South America
- South Pacific | Oceana
- PatagoniaBrimmed Beanie - Now $23.00, Was $39.00 (Save $16.00) Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio Men's CFS Board Short - 19" - 2016 - Sale Price: $44.50, Retail Price: $89.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostBrooks Cascadia 11 Trail Running Shoes (For Men) - Sale Price: $59.99, Retail Price: $120.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Eastern Mountain SportsNorthside Kids Brille Ii Water Shoes, Aqua/lime - Sale Price: $10.00, Retail Price: $16.99 (41% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostMother's Day: Perfect Gifts. Perfect Prices. Valid through May 6, 2017.
- Eastern Mountain SportsGet 30-50% Off on Techwick at Eastern Mountain Sports During the EMS Clothing Sale! Shop Today and Save! Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio's Spring Arrivals Are Here! Free Shipping On All Orders - Shop Men's Here!
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Ends 4/30/17, so hop to. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- KUHLThe KUHL AIRSPEED(TM) LS Shirt is a game changer! Click Here to find out why.