Germany’s capital of Berlin offers every international food imaginable, in restaurants, street markets or, in the case of the most authentic Thai food in the city, spread across a park. Thai Wiese (Thai Park) comes alive every weekend with arguably the best Thai food in Berlin.Read More
Category: Photographers Diary
New Orleans isn’t just a Mardi Gras party town. Think jazz music everywhere you look! On street corners, in parks, on balconies and, of course, in clubs. Then there is the jazz highlight of the year, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest in late April, a.k.a. just New Orleans Jazz Fest.Read More
A chance to tour St. Petersburg (then Leningrad) and Moscow in 1984 while I was a student in...Read More
Carneval (a.k.a. Fasching, Mardi Gras, etc) is a time for debauchery in many locales where it is grandly celebrated. But in some small towns there are several days of parades, including ones just for kids – like this Swiss carnival parade I photographed.Read More
Dr. Ho Shi Xiu has turned himself into a destination in the center of Baisha Village. He still works as a medicine man and herbalist but, our guide warned us, do not buy anything since he is very expensive. Talking to him and taking photos is free. And Dr. Ho does love to talk in his rather broken English.Read More
Most tourists end up on the Shangri-la main square where the huge golden Prayer Wheel and glittering Golden temple sit. Amazing, yes. But I had been eyeing a small temple I could not quite make out on a low hill on the edge of town. “What is that?” I kept asking and never quite got a satisfactory reply. Michael and I headed up and out of town on our break, thinking we’d just explore a little bit. And what a fantastic temple it was.Read More
On a few hour break from our Hurtigruten ship, the Midnatsol before it would depart the dock to head back south along the Norwegian coast toward Oslo, we took a little walk through Kirkenes. Although mid-day, it felt more like twilight and everything was icy and snow-covered. We ended up along the banks of an inlet with Nordic skiing tracks.Read More
Roros, Norway offers endless charm and, in the winter, plenty of dark days and snow! Located in central Norway on a high plain Roros is a small village that, as a historic mining town, is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The mid-November snowfall we experienced while visiting made it all the more charming.Read More
Passing near the river and looking across at the stone walls of Peter and Paul Fortress, I suddenly spied all these semi-naked people. What the heck were they doing there in the middle of the winter? It was, dare I say, freezing!Read More
On our daylong adventure to get to Dragon Gate, we climbed steep stairs and ventured into caves and small temples – what a worthwhile trek! At our last stop at the end of the day at Huating Temple, I ambled silently around the pond. It was very quiet, I felt peaceful, and no tourists were in sight since it was only minutes before 5 p.m. when the gates would close.Read More
It’s difficult to not be impressed with the twisting and turning koi with their mouths gaping open at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Their yellow, oranges and browns mix up with lily pads, causing a bright eye-catcher.Read More
OUR LATEST POSTS
Save On Hotels!
- Central America
- North America
- South America
- South Pacific | Oceana
- PatagoniaBrimmed Beanie - Now $23.00, Was $39.00 (Save $16.00) Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio Men's CFS Board Short - 19" - 2016 - Sale Price: $44.50, Retail Price: $89.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostBrooks Cascadia 11 Trail Running Shoes (For Men) - Sale Price: $59.99, Retail Price: $120.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Eastern Mountain SportsNorthside Kids Brille Ii Water Shoes, Aqua/lime - Sale Price: $10.00, Retail Price: $16.99 (41% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostMother's Day: Perfect Gifts. Perfect Prices. Valid through May 6, 2017.
- Eastern Mountain SportsGet 30-50% Off on Techwick at Eastern Mountain Sports During the EMS Clothing Sale! Shop Today and Save! Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio's Spring Arrivals Are Here! Free Shipping On All Orders - Shop Men's Here!
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Ends 4/30/17, so hop to. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- KUHLThe KUHL AIRSPEED(TM) LS Shirt is a game changer! Click Here to find out why.