Staying healthy and ready for whatever travel adventure beckons is vital. Who wants to be sick in a hotel bed when the Roman Coliseum or the Great Wall are nearby begging to be seen? That makes fighting germs No. 1 on your to-do list when traveling since you can’t avoid public places!Read More
Category: Health & Safety
While most travelers will never encounter a bed bug in their lives, it is still wise to know how to avoid bed bugs when traveling and how to avoid getting bitten or bringing home your own little colony. Hotel quality, or lack thereof, has little to do with whether or not there might be a bed bug or two lurking.Read More
Planning on traveling to Brazil, Latin America or the Caribbean? Then you would be wise to know how to protect yourself from Zika. And that means protecting yourself from mosquito bites that spread it. What are the best ways to protect yourself from Zika? We show you how.Read More
Anyone can get travel sick, even if you “never” do. The good news is there is a tried-and-true playbook for travel sickness prevention. The bad news is there is no cure for travel sickness. Also known as motion sickness, car sickness, sea sickness, and air sickness, the malady can come on quickly.Read More
So you’ve booked your ticket, chosen a seat, and you’re packing your luggage, including your carry-on bag. But will you be flying in comfort? You DO want to have a comfortable flight, and you hope you won’t have a neighbor from h— sitting next to you. Assuming you used SeatGuru.com to help you choose the best seat you can (knowing it really is a bit of a crap shoot), what else can you do to plan and pack to ensure a more comfortable flight? Wear comfortable clothes. No, that doesn’t mean your jammies, oh please. A little decorum is still...Read More
Ebola, measles, flu, blood clots and more seem to lurk everywhere. Read the news and you begin to imagine a thousand ways to get sick when sealed in a flying aluminum tube with 300 of your new best friends. Really, though, there is no need for fear and hysteria. Here are nine tips from HI Travel Tales to help you stay healthy when flying and help you arrive for your holiday or business as rested as possible.Read More
Can’t get to a real workout room to strengthen and tone? No worries. You can do a pretty good job maintaining fitness with a hotel room workout that uses what you have in the room and in your luggage. A room workout just takes a little imagination. Think about each exercise you may normally do and then get creative with your own hotel room exercise routine mimicking its motions, using everything from your luggage to water bottles filled with water to chairs to even toilets!Read More
What you pack along will have a huge impact on whether you workout or how comfortable you are when you do. A friend of mine used to always have a just-in-case workout bag in his trunk “just in case a workout broke out,” he’d say. And that’s our travel fitness advice too. If you aren’t prepared, you won’t get your healthy fix in.Read More
Once your trip is planned and you’re thinking about how you can cut back wisely (per the advice in our article “Travel fitness tips: You can stay fit if you adapt”), it’s time to start plotting. Should we say planning? Nah, plotting. It’s time to “plot” hotels, tours, sightseeing, travel departure times and all that other stuff so it doesn’t make fitting in even a short workout totally impossible.Read More
Whether you’re a frequent business traveler or heading out on a family vacation, don’t fall prey to the belief that travel has to be a devastating departure from your fitness routine. Staying fit while traveling isn’t as difficult as you may think. HI Travel Tales has a few fitness tips for travelers. Because we manage to fit in fitness. It just takes a few adjustments to your workout regimen. The key to taking workouts on the road successfully is, one, not letting the travel control you and, two, learning to be flexible. A little planning before you pack your...Read More
Everyday, people are either heading off or planning to head off on a vacation or trip, from skiing to hiking to family holidays. And just as many of them will get sick or end up not feeling 100 percent, thus not properly enjoying the trip. Why? Because in the pursuit of fun, travelers often toss taking care of themselves into the bottom of the luggage with the dirty socks. It doesn’t have to be that way if you will follow a few tips for staying healthy while traveling. Staying Healthy While Traveling: Sleep and travel rituals Insomnia as a result...Read More
HI Travel Tales has been asked frequently what our recommended sunscreen brands are. Sunscreen is not seasonal and we advocate wearing sunscreen year-round of course. We have tested so many brands.Read More
OUR LATEST POSTS
Save On Hotels!
- Central America
- North America
- South America
- South Pacific | Oceana
- PatagoniaBrimmed Beanie - Now $23.00, Was $39.00 (Save $16.00) Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio Men's CFS Board Short - 19" - 2016 - Sale Price: $44.50, Retail Price: $89.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostBrooks Cascadia 11 Trail Running Shoes (For Men) - Sale Price: $59.99, Retail Price: $120.00 (50% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Eastern Mountain SportsNorthside Kids Brille Ii Water Shoes, Aqua/lime - Sale Price: $10.00, Retail Price: $16.99 (41% Off) Expires: April 25, 2017
- Sierra Trading PostMother's Day: Perfect Gifts. Perfect Prices. Valid through May 6, 2017.
- Eastern Mountain SportsGet 30-50% Off on Techwick at Eastern Mountain Sports During the EMS Clothing Sale! Shop Today and Save! Expires: April 25, 2017
- StioStio's Spring Arrivals Are Here! Free Shipping On All Orders - Shop Men's Here!
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- MoosejawGet 30% back in Moosejaw Rewards Dollars. Use code 3XREWARD or the deal won't work and you'll ruin everything. Ends 4/30/17, so hop to. Coupon Code: 3XREWARD Expires: April 30, 2017
- KUHLThe KUHL AIRSPEED(TM) LS Shirt is a game changer! Click Here to find out why.