Mauerpark Berlin is a must-visit scene on Sundays from Spring to Fall with a wonderfully quirky flea market as well as superb food, drinks and free music. The park was once the militarized “death strip” of the Berlin Wall (or Mauer) that divided East and West Germany. Today, Mauerpark is a vibrant social, cultural, and artistic center of Berlin.
About The Author
Winner of a Silver Medal from the North American Travel Journalists Association for travel writing excellence in both 2018 and 2019, Michael has authored more than 16 books and penned many hundreds of feature articles over the years. His travels have taken him to all seven continents. He is a member of the North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA), the International Food Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA), the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), and the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW).
August 24, 2018
January 25, 2016
July 1, 2016
Our Latest Stories
- Feeling like Pac-Man traveling in the age of coronavirusMar 25, 2020 | Essays
- Fear of COVID-19 – traveling in the age of coronavirusMar 6, 2020 | Essays
- Discover the secret Ostannya Barykada restaurant in KyivFeb 12, 2020 | Europe
- Best Berlin Photos – Our favorite Berlin Instagram photosJan 30, 2020 | Berlin
- How to avoid getting traveler’s diarrhea or food poisoningJan 23, 2020 | Health