One thing never to forget to tuck into your bag for travel is a small travel light of some sort, as we recommend in our packing tips story. But what travel light do you pack? A mini travel flashlight? A compact headlamp? A safety light? A reading light?
How about one light that does it all? A do-it-all mini travel flashlight is our kind of light! Especially a versatile travel flashlight that weighs only 2.7 ounces by Nite Ize called the 3-in-1 LED Mini Flashlight ($11.99)
It’s small enough at 4.5 inches by 1 inch to fit into a pocket, suitcase, backpack or purse so you’re never without a quick light. But there’s more:
- Pull out the front section at the bulb to transform the small travel light into a lantern that offers pleasant ambient light — in a tent, a hostel, or perhaps a hotel room when your companion is trying to sleep.
- There is also a red ring that lights up on the other end so you have a very useable yet small travel safety light. HI Travel Tales has used it, for example, to not disturb eyes while lighting up a camera to adjust settings in the dark. The safety light can be set to three modes: glow, flash or SOS.
In both the flashlight and lantern modes you can also choose between low (15 lumens) and high (80 lumens) light output.
Despite being a mini travel flashlight it’s also powerful, enabling you to scan ahead on a trail, down a dark hallway or street, or around a campsite up to about 164 feet (50 meters). Plus, for a such a small travel flashlight, its battery life is impressive, boasting a runtime of two hours on high and up to 9 hours 25 minutes on low. It runs on 1 AA Alkaline battery, which is also included.
The Nite Ize 3-in-1 mini travel flashlight has already been to several countries with us as well as around the United States, plus on a backpacking weekend when we loved the lantern mode as a way to add a low glow to dinner preparations at the campsite.
Latest posts by Therese Iknoian
- Understanding German Christmas market drinks – a short guide - December 2, 2019
- How to pick the best airplane seat for any flight - November 28, 2019
- Charbroiled Oysters Recipe from the Louisiana Oyster Trail - November 21, 2019